The NSW Government’s new strategy Ageing Well in NSW: Seniors Strategy 2021 – 2031 has now been released.
COTA NSW provides recommendations on the four areas of the new strategy: Living in age friendly environments; Participating in inclusive communities; Staying safe, active and healthy; and Being resilient and well-informed. Our key recommendations include:
- continuing to provide information in non-digital formats
- promoting discussion about end-of-life care, dying and death
- supporting improved construction codes for housing
- funding housing support services, employment incentives and services to reduce isolation for older people
- Investing in exercise programs, alcohol awareness programs and campaigns to improve pedestrian safety.
If you need a text file of this document please contact us.