The NSW Government Ageing Strategy 2016-2020 will be due for renewal next year. In COTA NSW’s pre-budget submission for 2020-21 we look at the five areas of the Ageing Strategy and make recommendations about key outcomes that need to be achieved for older people. These include:
- investment in low-cost programs that encourage older people to exercise
- exclusion of employees over 50 from reportable payroll tax
- a reduction of stamp duty for people aged 70+ who buy owner-occupied properties built to Gold Liveable Housing standard
- maintenance, improvement and expansion of footpaths and cycle paths
- recurrent funding for support programs for lonely, isolated and vulnerable older people
If you need a text file of this document please contact us.