About Living Longer Living Stronger
Living Longer Living Stronger is a strength and balance exercise program designed to help people over 50 stay strong, active and socially connected, including people who might otherwise feel isolated or unable to exercise.
Delivered by accredited exercise physiologists, physiotherapists and fitness professionals, Living Longer Living Stronger programs have been co-designed with universities, health professionals and people over 50 themselves.
In addition to their professional qualifications, our instructors undertake specialist training to receive accreditation with Living Longer Living Stronger. This enables them to develop tailored programs for each participant’s health goals.
How does Living Longer Living Stronger work?
The Living Longer Living Stronger program is delivered across two tiers, designed to accommodate participants with a range of needs.
Tier 1 is delivered by qualified and accredited exercise physiologists and physiotherapists and suitable for people with complex chronic conditions, multiple medical risk factors or who may be recovering from illness or injury.
Tier 2 is delivered by qualified and accredited fitness professionals and suitable for people of all fitness levels and abilities who have few medical risks and may be managing chronic conditions.
The referral pathway
2. Your patients may also come a copy of the referral/medical clearance form or ask for medical clearance. If they don’t already have the form, please use the referral/medical clearance form for this as well. Please include information on any contraindication and/or recommendation on what to include in their program.
3. A GP may also be able to provide an extended primary care plan for participants attending a class taught by a Tier 1 instructor (Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist) to help cover the cost of their initial assessment
4. Your patient books their one-to-one assessment with the instructor.
5. The instructor develops the patient’s individual exercise plan.
6. Your patient joins a friendly local Living Longer Living Stronger group and starts their journey towards improving their strength, balance and wellbeing.