Foundations course – Training older adults (e-learning)
All Living Longer Living Stronger instructors must complete this course. It is also recommended for front-of-house and management in larger facilities.
- Inclusive practices – addressing ageism, disability, mental health, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse and LGBTQI+ communities
- Keeping everyone safe, including scope of practice and falls prevention.
- Empathy training, including empathy and sympathy, the power of language and motivational interviewing.
- Provider playbook, including enrolment journey, marketing and program launch.
Tier 1 training for physiotherapists and exercise physiologists (e-learning)
This course introduces the underpinning principles of Living Longer Living Stronger and how it is delivered.
- The Who? What? Why? Learning tips and nuts and bolts of LLLS
- Criteria and protocols of LLLS
- LLLS assessment, including fitness testing, posture analysis and physical measurements
- Group management strategies to promote a fun, effective, and supportive environment
- Optional lessons on chronic conditions and woman’s health.
Tier 2 training for Fitness Professionals (e-learning)
- The Who? What? Why?
- Learning tips and nuts and bolts of LLLS
- 19 lessons on chronic conditions
- Three lessons on women’s health
- Seven practical case studies.
- Posture analysis and strength and balance testing for older adults
- Initial assessments and risk assessment
- Creative ideas to use in your classes
- Practical assessment: showcase your delivery skills
- Practical assessment: case studies
- Marketing and promotion.