Strength for Life is a strength and balance exercise program designed to help people over 50 stay strong, active and socially connected, including people who might otherwise feel isolated or unable to exercise.
Delivered by accredited exercise physiologists, physiotherapists, fitness professionals, Strength for Life programs have been co-designed with universities, health professionals and people over 50.
In addition to their professional qualifications, our instructors undergo specialist training to achieve Strength for Life accreditation. This enables them to develop tailored programs for each participant’s health goals.
Participants then work towards their goals in a fun and friendly group setting.
1. We encourage GPs and other healthcare professionals to refer their patients or clients directly to Strength for Life providers.
2. Your patients may also come with a medical clearance form or ask for medical clearance.
Medical clearance is obtained from a Health Professional or Medical specialist and can include information on any contraindication and/or recommendation on what to include in their program A GP may also be able to provide an extended primary care plan for participants attending a Tier 1 provider (Physio or Exercise Physiologist) to help cover the cost of the initial assessment
3. Patient to book their 1 to 1 assessment - Locate a local Strength for Life provider
4. Assessment - The Strength for Life accredited instructor will develop an individualised exercise plan.
5. Start exercising - Participants join like-minded people in a local Strength for Life group and start their journey to improve their strength, balance and wellbeing.
The Strength for Life program is delivered across two tiers, designed to accommodate participants with a range of needs.
Tier 1 is delivered by qualified and accredited exercise physiologists and physiotherapists and suitable for people with complex chronic conditions, multiple medical risk factors or who may be recovering from illness or injury.
Tier 2 is delivered by qualified and accredited fitness professionals and suitable for people of all fitness levels and abilities who have few medical risks and may be managing chronic conditions.
All rights reserved COTA NSW © 2017