Each year the COTA Australia 2016 National Policy Forum invites you, along with speakers across from across the country, to discuss issues of prime importance to older Australians.
This year's forum, "Reframing Primary Health Care for Older Australians", will include as guests speakers Senior Australian of the Year, Gordian Fulde, and Dr Roderick McKay, NSW Institute of Psychiatry, along with many more.
Older Australians rely heavily on primary health care to support them to live healthy, active, independent and contributing lives. But our systems of primary care do not always deliver what is needed.
Join us at the COTA Australia National Policy Forum to discuss issues affecting older people such as: access and affordability in a range of primary care services; the link between primary care and broader wellbeing; the best models of primary care; and how primary care can address the needs of a diverse older population. We will look at recent policy changes in this area and ask how they are likely impact on the health and wellbeing of older Australians. A great line-up of speakers from across the primary health care field will lead us through these discussions, and more.
When: Thursday 21st July 2016
Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Where: National Press Club, Canberra
- Professor Diane Gibson, Dean, Faculty of Health, University of Canberra
- Professor Gordian Fulde, 2016 Senior Australian of the Year and Director of Emergency at St Vincent's Hospital and Sydney Hospital
- Dr Stephen Duckett, Health Program Director, Grattan Institute
- Ms Leanne Wells, CEO, Consumer Health Forum
- Dr Roderick McKay, Director of Psychiatry and Mental Health Programs at the NSW Institute of Psychiatry (NSWIOP)
- Dr Cathy Mead, President, COTA Victoria
- Mr Jeff Cheverton, Executive Director Commissioning, North West Melbourne PHN
- Ms Rosemary Calder AM, Director, Australian Health Policy Collaboration
- Dr Kim Webber, CEO, National Rural Health Alliance
- Ms Mary Patetsos, Healthy Ageing Chair, FECCA
- Mr Ross Clare, Director Research, ASFA
- Dr Jane Harford, Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health, The University of Adelaide
- Dr Steve Hambleton, former Chair, Primary Health Care Advisory Group
- Dr John Beard, Director, Ageing and Life Course, World Health Organization (pre-recorded presentation)