Q: What motivated you to join the COTA NSW board?
I’d known of COTA for 20+ years, so when I turned 56 and semi-retired I offered to join the board, brining 35+ years of experience in business.
Q: What issue do you believe more people should be talking about?
I have three issues:
1. The technological divide. Many services are going digital and technology can help people to connect with other.
2. Jobs for people 50+ and the affordability of retirement.
3. A good end-of-life experience
Q: What are some of the opportunities that you’ve discovered with age?
- Semi-retirement is a marvellous occupation
- I’m enjoying having time to help
- I have time to investigate genealogy
- My son has introduced me to target rifle shooting, a disciplined and ‘ageless’ sport.