COTA NSW Strategic Plan 2018-2020
Our Mission: We advance the rights, interests and futures of Australians as we age.
Our strategic focus is to:
- Have meaningful engagement with a wide range of older people in NSW
- Provide strong, credible leadership and be an authoritative advocate
- Provide excellence in programs and services
- Be a capable and sustainable organisation
Our strategic objectives
COTA NSW engages with a wide range of older people around NSW to understand their lived experiences.
- Develop strategic partnerships with organisations that work in diverse communities so as to expand the reach of our programs.
- Expand member and supporter database through working with partner organisations
- Foster innovative ways to engage with members and supporters.
Strong, credible leadership and authoritative advocate:
COTA NSW is the credible and informed voice for older people in NSW, and is influential in driving debate and policy change in the community.
- Develop policy positions based on evidence and lived experience
- Cultivate communications and advocacy capacity, including training for older people to participate in consultative and political processes.
- Speak with a strong voice for older people in NSW by participating in public debate at all levels.
Excellence in programs and services:
COTA NSW provides programs and services that are responsive and tailored to the needs and interests of older people.
- Increase capacity to work with corporate partners through the development of shared value proposals.
- Seek opportunities to work with government on social impact programs that are designed to improve the lives of older people, and are cost effective and measurable.
- Create programs that have the capacity to be scaled up over time.
Capable and sustainable organisation:
COTA NSW will invest in innovation, develop effective partnerships, implement best practice processes and further seek to diversify funding to ensure it is best placed to achieve our strategic goals.
- Focus on continued improvement of business processes to ensure COTA NSW represents value for money to government, philanthropic and corporate funders.
- Maintain a high performing and engaged team and continue to implement staff development programs and employment benefits.
- Pursue meaningful partnerships and substantive and diversified funding sources.
Older people - people in NSW aged 50 years and over, who have a diverse range of experiences, needs and levels of involvement in work, unpaid activities, leisure and community.
Members and supporters - individuals, corporate members, other organisations of older people, volunteers, contributors and program participants
Government - NSW State and Local Government directly, and Federal government indirectly
Partners - project, program, policy and advocacy collaborators
Clients - commercial organisations
As a peak body, COTA NSW undertakes initiatives under the priority areas set out by the NSW Government, Department of Family and Community Services.
READ THE FULL STRATEGIC PLAN FOR 2020-25